Friday, September 24, 2010

Living on the Mon


My friend Mike Breiding recently gave me a book about a man who paddled down the Mississippi. All the way from Itasca to the Gulf. That would be great. But do you know how many people have done that? A bunch. I found a lot of books published about their trips. So, for me, that's out. I want to do something unique.

I have it! How about I live on my pontoon boat, the Monongahela Monitor, from April to November. I want to do something I can write a book about. So, I live on my boat and take notes of every town I visit and everyone I meet and every experience I have. I take great photos. And the book is Six Months on the Mon: One Man's Experience.

What do you think? In five and one-half days I paddled down the Mon back in 2005. It was entirely too fast a trip, so I didn't get much local color. But you can see what I'm getting at here . The photo above is from that trip, somewhere down in Pennsylvania.

I'll do litter cleanups the whole time. That way I might get sponsors. I'm thinking 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Tim, I'm just checking up on you. I noticed that you mentioned 2012. Well, partner, it's 2012. So, what's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to tell you. Time passes, but things stay the same. I keep trying.... Thanks for checking on me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look and giving a comment!