Friday, July 8, 2011

Haven't been swimming yet

I haven't gone swimming in the river yet. Can't say why for sure. We've had 90 degree days already, and there have been lots of people out swimming (triathlon, etc.) I simply haven't gotten around to it. Anyone want to go? I like to dive off my boat into the deep parts. It's such a sensation, falling into the water, then watching the myriad bubbles climb to the surface, as I'm falling still, embraced and enclosed, enveloped, lost in silent water, going deeper, darker, down. At last, the momentum into the depths ends, and I follow the bubbles back up, through the green, and green-blue, into the sunlight. And there, on a branch over the west bank, in the brilliant brightness and blue sky, is a kingfisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look and giving a comment!